Other Upcoming presentations by Dr. Eades
- 10 Crazy Relationship Rules A course on marriage and relationships at St. Paul’s Episcopal during the Sunday School hour. Begins January 8.
- Holistic Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder Spring Conference, Friday March 9, at the New Hillcrest Hospital Auditorium.
Parenting with Love and Logic
- Taught by Wes Eades
- At First Presbyterian Church, Waco, Texas (1100 Austin Avenue: The class will be in the Fellowship Classroom. Park in the lot at the corner of 11th and Franklin, and come in the entrance under the portico. The classroom will be immediately on the right.)
- January 15, 2012 – February 26th (6 sessions, skipping SuperBowl Sunday, February 5)
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m
- Cost: $5/person per session
I have enjoyed teaching the principles of Love and Logic Parenting for many years. In this six week course I will be providing an overview of the core principles, along with an exploration of how these principles shape the spiritual formation of both parents and children. The course will include some lecture, but will focus on the practical challenges in parenting that you are currently facing. You will be encouraged to develop “experiments” based on the L&L model, and encouraged to share whatever the results with the class. I am very transparent regarding my own successes and failures in parenting. My wife and 22 year old daughter will attend one of the classes to help us explore how parenting effects our marriages, and our relationships with our kids as they move into adulthood.
The developers of Love and Logic, Dr. Foster Cline and Dr. Jim Fay, have written a general book on their approach, along with a second book which is targeted at parenting teens. My goal is to approach the material so that it will be relevant regardless of the ages of your kiddos. I will have copies of both books available at a cost of $20. You can probably pick up a copy locally as well.
You don’t have to make a reservation, but if you are planning to come, it will be helpful to know…